Thursday, February 12, 2015

The one year mark.

I have made it past the one year mark. 
As I reflect over the past year many things become apparent.
I could not have imagined that I would be where I am now. 
The divorce...Juan...life close to family and friends...it all went differently than I had planned for. 

The divorce went through in November. I had planned for it to be going through around now. 
I planned on being single and learning what it meant to be me.
I had planned on being there for my sister more and taking up all of Nina's weekend time. I feel like I was severely lacking in those areas, especially for the latter part of the year. 

As I reflect, many feelings emerge. I am more aware of the world and myself now than I was this time last year. 

Sam is a thing of the past. Someone I used to know. But did he ever know me?

Did I ever know me?

Sometimes I think of my life up until last year and wonder to myself, "Was I happier then?" But as I ponder, I'm not sure that is really the right question I should be asking. I was just different. And on top of that I think my happiness has actually increased.

I am excited for this upcoming year and what it means to be alive. 

TJ, San Fran, Guatemala, here I come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment